Oskaloosa, December 6, 2017 – In order to comply with FSA program eligibility requirements, all producers are encouraged to visit the Mahaska County FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the applicable deadline.
The following 2018 acreage reporting dates are applicable in Iowa:
- December 15, 2017 Perennial forage, alfalfa, pasture, & fall-seeded small grains
- July 15, 2018 All spring seeded crops, CRP, and cover crops
The following exceptions apply to the above acreage reporting dates:
- If the crop has not been planted by the above acreage reporting date, then the
acreage must be reported no later than 15 calendar days after planting is
- If a producer acquires additional acreage after the above acreage reporting date,
then the acreage must be reported no later than 30 calendars days after purchase
or acquiring the lease. Appropriate documentation must be provided to the county
- If a perennial forage crop is reported with the intended use of green manure, left
standing, or seed, then the acreage must be reported by July 15th.
A measurement service fee will be charged for crop reports filed after the applicable deadline, unless an exception applies. Late-filed reports must be filed within one year of the acreage reporting deadline.
For questions regarding crop certification, please contact the Mahaska County FSA office at (641) 673-3476, Extension 2.