(OTTUMWA, Iowa) – On Monday, March 5, 2018, at approximately 8:30 AM, members of the Ottumwa Police Department, Wapello County Sheriff’s Department, and the Southeast Iowa Inter-Agency Drug Task Force executed a search warrant at 616 N. Green Street in Ottumwa.
The Ottumwa Police Department’s Emergency Response Team (ERT) was utilized to secure the residence. As a result of the search, officers seized 2 handguns, methamphetamine, THC concentrates, and evidence relating to the use and distribution of controlled substances.
Police arrested Lorenzo Gabriel Langarcia, age 24, of 616 N. Green, with the following:
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver more than 5 Grams of Methamphetamine, a Class “B” Felony
- Failure to Affix a Drug Tax Stamp, a Class “D” Felony
- Dominion/Control of a Firearm by a Felon, a Class “D” Felony
- Prohibited Acts- Possession of THC (Enhanced), an Aggravated Misdemeanor
Langarcia is currently being held in the Wapello County Jail with no bond.
Please note the following pursuant to recent Supreme Court rulings: “A criminal charge is merely an accusation and a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.”
– This information was provided in a news release sent by the Southeast Iowa Inter-Agency Drug Task Force