(Oskaloosa, Iowa) – The Oskaloosa Community School District Board of Directors will meet in a regular session on Tuesday, Feb. 13 at 6:00 PM in the George Daily Auditorium Board Room.
This routine meeting will start with a call to order and approval of the agenda. The floor will then be opened up to the public for a limited amount of time for public comments. Afterwards, the Board will hear a report from the curriculum director, buildings, and the superintendent.
After reports are heard, the Board will move on to consideration of a notice from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). They will then move on to consideration of minutes approval, financials, and abstract claims. Item #7 on the agenda indicates that a presentation will be heard from Take Action Consulting, and afterwards the Board will consider approving promotion of a student trip to Europe.
The Board will also conduct a public hearing on the school calendar, consider approving the 2018-19 school calendar, consider the purchase of a district vehicle, and consider approval of bus specifications to solicit bids.
Near the end of the meeting, the Board will consider approving an easement for the City of Oskaloosa. They’ll also consider proposals on the hunt for a superintendent and discuss the transition process.
The full agenda for Tuesday’s meeting is available below.
OSKALOOSA COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Mission: Engaging ALL Students To Embrace The Power Of Learning
Vision: Believe, Achieve, And Create With Pride
GEORGE DAILY AUDITORIUM BOARD ROOM
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
FEBRUARY 13, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Public Comment
c. Curriculum Director
5. Consider Internal Revenue Service Notice
6. Consider Approval of Minutes, Financials, and Abstract of Claims
7. Presentation by Take Action Consulting
8. Consider Approval of Promotion of Student Trip to Europe
9. Conduct Public Hearing on School Calendar
10. Consider Approval of 2018-19 School Calendar
11. Consider Purchase of District Vehicle
12. Consider Approval of Bus Specifications and to Solicit Bids
13. Consider Approval of Easement for the City of Oskaloosa
14. Consider Proposals and Award Contract for Superintendent Search
15. Discussion Regarding Superintendent Transition
16. Board Development – Hiring Processes
17. Review Subsequent Meeting Date(s)