KBOE/KMZN Radio is searching for a dynamic and forward-thinking News Director to lead our local news operation at KBOE/KMZN Radio and the No Coast Network in Oskaloosa, Iowa. The successful candidate will appreciate the importance of timely, accurate and detailed news coverage to our listeners and communities. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated journalist to have a deep impact over an expansive area.
- Have a degree in journalism, communications or similar course of study or, in the alternative, have a minimum of two years news broadcasting experience.
- Successful candidate must possess a passion for gathering, writing and delivering the news and have the ability to respond quickly to pressured situations as he or she will be required to respond immediately to breaking news and deliver timely, quality content to a variety of platforms, including live streaming video.
- Integrity and sound judgment are crucial. We expect our News Department to provide the fastest, most accurate news coverage in South East Iowa.
- News Director will anchor daily news casts.
- Successful candidate must have a compelling on-air presence and personality as well as the ability to plan strategically for the Department.
- Experience operating in a small community is a plus, as is a background in agriculture and local government.
Excellent benefit package including: Health, RX, Dental, Life Insurance, 401 (k), paid personal days, and paid vacation which is accrued monthly.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to 1407 17th Ave East, Oskaloosa, IA 52577