Rodney Crowell has just announced a new record. The singer has enlisted some A-list friends for his upcoming release, “Texas,” which is set to drop August 15th.
The album will feature 11 tracks, and special guests like Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Ronnie Dunn, Billy F Gibbons, Randy Rogers, Vince Gill, Lee Ann Womack, Steve Earle, and Ringo Starr.
“For the last few years, I’d been writing Texas-centric songs and revisiting some of my tunes from as far back as the mid-seventies,” Rodney explains. “Last year, I started referring to the collection of songs as the ‘TEXAS’ album.”
Rodney says he initially planned to just record with Earle and Gibbons, but things then started to grow. “Interestingly it all started with Ringo Starr who, through a mutual friend, let me know he was keen to record a track,” he says. “Before I knew it, Lee Ann Womack, Ronnie Dunn, Willie Nelson, Randy Rogers, Lyle Lovett and Vince Gill had climbed on board. … Man, was it a fun record to make.”
Check out the trackilst below:
- “Flatland Hillbillies” (featuring Lee Ann Womack & Randy Rogers)
- “Caw Caw Blues” (featuring Vince Gill)
- “56 Fury” (featuring Billy F Gibbons)
- “Deep In the Heart of Uncertain Texas” (featuring Ronnie Dunn, Willie Nelson & Lee Ann Womack)
- “You’re Only Happy When You’re Miserable” (featuring Ringo Starr)
- “I’ll Show Me”
- “What You Gonna Do Now” (featuring Lyle Lovett)
- “The Border”
- “Treetop Slim & Billy Lowgrass”
- “Brown & Root, Brown & Root” (featuring Steve Earle)
- “Texas Drought Part 1”