(MAHASKA COUNTY, Iowa)–As a result of severe weather in the region, KBOE is keeping track of a list of towns and cities in the area which have declared a snow emergency as well as sports relatedFor a full listing of school delays, cancellations, and closings, click here.
- Oskaloosa Senior Center is closed today.
- The City of Oskaloosa has declared a Snow Ordinance to take effect at 9:00 PM on Friday, Feb. 9, 2018 until 6:00 AM on Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018. Parking on all City streets is prohibited to allow City crews to plow. When this notice becomes effective, the police department will be issuing parking tickets and/or towing vehicles left on the street at the owner’s expense. As a reminder, all property owners are responsible for clearing the sidewalks along their property after the snow has stopped.
- The City of Ottumwa‘s Snow Emergency Ordinance will be placed into effect at 7 PM on Friday, February 9. Residents are reminded that while the Snow Emergency is declared, no parking is allowed on streets designated as “Snow Routes” until the emergency is lifted. Snow Routes are marked with square blue signs showing a white snowflake.
- The Knoxville Snow Ordinance is in effect. Parking is prohibited on ALL City streets while in effect. It will remain in effect until the storm ends AND the streets are plowed curb to curb. Violators may be cited and towed.
- Sigourney has declared a snow emergency effective at 8:00 PM on Friday, Feb. 9 until 6:00 AM on Sunday, Feb. 11.
To stay current on weather-related school delays and cancellations, visit the Closings & Delays page on our website.