Sam Hunt’s single, “Body Like a Back Road,” has notched a 20th week at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart, breaking a tie with Leroy Van Dyke’s 1961 hit “Walk On By” for the longest chart reign by a solo artist in the chart’s history. “Body Like a Back Road” now boasts the second-longest command of the chart overall, following Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise,” which posted 24 weeks at No. 1 in 2012 and 2013.
TAG SEARCH RESULTS FOR: "Florida Georgia Line"
Florida Georgia Line has taken the top spot on the country charts this week and they’ve brought the Backstreet Boys (BSB) with them. The two groups reach the chart’s summit with their collaborative single, “God, Your Mama, And Me,” giving FGL their 13th No. 1 song and BSB their first country chart-topper. The song also marks the duo’s third consecutive No. 1 from their Dig Your Roots album, following “H.O.L.Y.” and “May We All” (featuring Tim McGraw).
- Tyler Hubbard said, “Finding out that ‘God, Your Mama, And Me’ went No. 1 is surreal – really cool to be a part of Backstreet Boys’ first Country #1!” Brian Kelley added, “If you told me growing up that I would share a #1 song with BSB, I would have told you to get outta here! Dream big, work hard, surround yourself with an amazing team and anything is possible.”
- Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter also reacted to the news saying, “We’re fans of each other and that’s one of the reasons why the song works so well. I’m glad it’s with these boys that we just reached #1 at Country radio for the first time.”
The nominees for the 2017 Teen Choice Awards have been revealed, with two country acts earning nods in the all-genre categories this year. Sam Hunt’s latest hit “Body Like A Backroad” picked up a nomination in the all-genre Choice Song: Male Artist category, while Florida Georgia Line’s single “God, Your Mama, And Me” featuring the Backstreet Boys collected an all-genre Choice Collaboration nod. In the Choice Country Artist category, Hunt and FGL will also go up against Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini and Luke Bryan for the coveted trophy.
- The Teen Choice Awards will air live on FOX on August 13 at 8 PM ET.
- The full list of nominees can be seen here.
- Voting will be open through June 22 at 9:00 PM PT (12 AM ET), and fans are allowed 10 votes per category.
Florida Georgia Line has added new collaboration to their resume, teaming up with pop star Bebe Rexha on the track “Meant to Be” from her forthcoming EP, All Your Fault: Part 2. Brian Kelley recently confirmed the news when he tweeted the word “Truth” in response to Music News & Rumors’ post about the possible collaboration.
- This is just the duo’s latest cross-genre partnership following their collaborative song “Last Day Alive” with The Chainsmokers, as well as their current Top 5 single “God, Your Mama, and Me” with the Backstreet Boys.
Several country stars have made the cut on Forbes’ “100 Highest-Paid Celebrities” list for 2017. Garth Brooks is the highest ranked country singer on the list, coming in at 26th place with 60 million made. Kenny Chesney earned $42.5 million and Luke Bryan earned $42 million, putting them at No. 53 and 55, respectively. Dolly Parton notched the No. 71 spot with earnings of $37 million, while Toby Keith and Florida Georgia Line found themselves tied at No. 83 with $34.5 million of income. Jason Aldean rounded out the country stars with a 98th place finish and $32.5 million earned.
Topping this year’s list was rapper Sean Combs (A.K.A. Diddy), who pulled in $130 million over the last year.
The list’s findings were compiled from celebrities’ pretax income from June 1, 2016 through June 1, 2017. The full list can be seen here.
Just one day after announcing that his wife Hayley was pregnant with their first child, Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard revealed that the gender of that baby is a boy. During a gender reveal party on Thursday (6/8), the couple cut a slice out of a special boy-girl cake, revealing its blue center. Hubbard posted videos from the party on his Instagram Stories, including a shot of his baby boy’s first pair of shoes.
- The party was definitely baby bumpin’, as Jason Aldean’s wife Brittany and Thomas Rhett’s wife Lauren were a
Video of the Year
Keith Urban, “Blue Ain’t Your Color”
Male Video of the Year
Keith Urban, “Blue Ain’t Your Color”
Female Video of the Year
Carrie Underwood, “Church Bells”
Duo Video of the Year
Florida Georgia Line, “H.O.L.Y.”
Group Video of the Year
Little Big Town, “Better Man”
Breakthrough Video of the Year
Lauren Alaina, “Road Less Traveled”
Collaborative Video of the Year
Keith Urban featuring Carrie Underwood, “The Fighter”
CMT Performance of the Year
Jason Derulo and Luke Bryan, “Want to Want Me” (From CMT Crossroads)
Social Superstar of the Year
Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard and his wife Hayley are expecting their first child! The couple revealed the happy news on Wednesday (6/7), telling People that their baby is due to arrive in December. Hayley found out she was pregnant after her and Tyler had just come home from traveling to California and she wasn’t sleeping well. She soon took a pregnancy test and could hardly contain her excitement when she got the results. Hayley says she didn’t have time to think of how to surprise Tyler with the news, so she just jumped back into bed and showed him the pregnancy stick.
· Hubbard says of the new chapter in their life, “Hayley and I both really love learning and growing as people. For us, it’s the next phase and the next stage of life that God can really teach us a lot and show us patience…and selflessness.”
· Tyler also shared the announcement on Instagram, along with two Polaroid snapshots of the couple.
The list of performers at the upcoming 2017 CMT Music Awards has grown with the addition of Kelsea Ballerini and Little Big Town to the lineup. The show will include previously announced performances Blake Shelton, Brett Eldredge, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert and Thomas Rhett, with all-star collaborations by The Chainsmokers and Florida Georgia Line, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood and Lady Antebellum with Earth, Wind & Fire.
- 2017 CMT Music Awardswill air live from Nashville on Wednesday, June 7 at 8:00 PM ET on CMT.
- Additional performers and presenters will be announced soon.
Florida Georgia Line has announced June 5 as the grand opening date for FGL House, their new restaurant, and entertainment venue in the heart of Music City. The four-story FGL House will open its doors at 7 PM local time, setting the stage for a big CMA Music Festival week in downtown Nashville.
- Two days later on June 7, the duo will hit the stage with The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards, where FGL is nominated for three trophies.
- Tune in today (5/26) as Florida Georgia Line performs on the Good Morning America Summer Concert series in New York City with hip-hop star Nelly.
- FGL is also set to launch their “The Smooth Tour 2017” on June 2, featuring Nelly and Chris Lane.
Stay updated, sign up for our newsletter.