Story By Chad Waller | NAIA National Office
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – (Box Score) Powered by a game-ending 29-19 run, No. 4 seeded LSU Alexandria (La.) eliminated No. 1 William Penn (Iowa), 84-75, in the second semifinal of the 81st Annual NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Championship, Monday evening inside Municipal Auditorium. The Generals face tournament newcomer No. 5-seeded Graceland (Iowa) in the national championship title contest on Tuesday, March 20 at 7:00 p.m. CDT, broadcast live on ESPN3.
- LSU Alexandria improves to 29-7 and heads to its first-ever title contest on Tuesday
- The Generals are playing in their fourth season of varsity competition
- William Penn ends its season with a record of 30-5
- This marks the first year since 1961 that a team from Louisiana played in the title game (Grambling)
- The higher seeds are 15-15 through 30 games, while 24 games have been decided by 10 points or fewer including 14 by six points or less