(Ottumwa, Iowa) – Monday, Jan. 15 is both a state and federal holiday to honor the birthday of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. According to a news release sent to KBOE, City of Ottumwa offices will be closed and some City services are changed due to the holiday:
- Offices at City Hall and the Ottumwa Public Works Central Garage will be closed.
- The Ottumwa Police Department Records Desk will be closed.
- There will be no Ottumwa Transit bus service. The Transit office will be closed as well.
- The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court will be closed.
- The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed.
- The Ottumwa/ Wapello Landfill and Recycling Center will be closed.
- Residential trash and recycling normally collected on Monday, Jan. 15 will be picked up Tuesday, Jan. 16. North and South side bulk item collection as well as Christmas tree collection will be done on Thursday, Jan. 18. All other collection trash and recycling routes are the same. There will be no changes to county customer collection dates.
- The Beach Ottumwa will be open 5 AM to Noon for lap swim and regular programs.
- Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices at 230 Turner Drive will be open regular hours.