KBOE/KMZN Radio in Oskaloosa, IA seeks a Traffic Coordinator to handle the day to day responsibilities of scheduling live and pre-recorded advertising announcements. The successful candidate will be a willing collaborator and comfortable in a multi-tasking environment possessing excellent computer, organizational and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Handles all aspects of scheduling for stations including obtaining information, importing orders and acquiring advertising, sponsorship and promotional schedules;
- Run end of schedule and monthly billing;
- Post payments and prepare deposits;
- Review and execute production orders;
- Produce and deliver daily programming logs according to commercial, sponsorship and promotional schedules;
- Monitor and execute changes to scripts and production orders;
- Resolve log and contract discrepancies;
- Manage flow of information and service inquiries;
- Coordinate with other departments to maintain advertising and promotional inventory and to provide billing information and reports;
- Meet all required deadlines;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Marketron VT or other broadcast traffic scheduling software, Microsoft Office programs, digital editing software, broadcast automation systems and social networking platforms;
- Ability to meet deadlines and make adjustments in response to the shifting demands of schedules and clients;
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instruction procedure manuals, insertion orders and production orders;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi task
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated data entry skills;
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prefer 5 years’ experience in automated broadcast traffic system
- 5 years’ experience in broadcasting work environment
- Digital audio production experience a plus!Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
To apply or learn more, e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.